one of my profs just wrote me "sometimes life is a struggle - it builds character. something my aunt said. hang in there."
• this is why we pay you the big bux
I am not indifferent to food. So when a bistro opens up in heart of downtown Guelph I eagerly anticipate its menu, the layout of the dining area, and the food that comes out of the kitchen.
Our first review ever!
I ate here on Sunday, ordering a Caesar (Sunday afternoon tradition anywhere in Canada) and the fried quail. Though the caesar was of your standard variety, it arrived quicker than any other I’ve ever ordered. I didn’t know what to expect with fried quail but it arrived piping hot, nicely presented and, for a fried item, remained juicy with very little greasiness. And our server was
a doll, wonderful to boot.
Oh, one final thing: the name of the restaurant is “39 Carden”, but the address is #s 38+40 Carden St.
Q:What's one amenity Guelph doesn't have that would make it a way better place to live?
Just one? Damn.
Well, depending on perspective, that “one” could be:
• a centrally-located 24-hour coffee shop (preferably locally-owned)*
• an army surplus or gun shop
• a passport processing office*
• a thoroughfare that doesn’t have a goddamn intersection every 700m or a speed limit of 70km/h*
• a camera equipment, rental, + repair shop*
• an efficient, reliable, or intelligible bus service
• an efficient inter-city (tri-city & GTA) train/rail service*
• a city council and administration that doesn’t scare off potential business
• prints shop for professionals (ie not for consumers or industrial printing)*
• book store that can get new rare or small run books*
• ass without a stick in it
• a continuance of development of a pedestrian/bike/dog-friendly leisure-path, networked through the various parks*
• an urban Bench project for sitting
• more than 1 heated outdoor drinking patio
NOBODY will win.
THIS is in a parking lot in my city downtown. This EXACT graffiti—that’s a piece of a painted puzzle-piece mural poking into the shot. Holy crap, I didn’t think this would wind up on teh internetz. Guelph FTW!
Edit: Oh, and it’s been around forever; nobody’s ever attempted to take it down.
Wow, so this is a little bit of history. This is a now world-renowned piece of art that was, last summer, painted over completely. This is it being removed:
My final assignment, originally thought to be due November 29th, turned out to be due November 21st. However, a peruse over the paperwork confirmed that I had simply mis-remembered the actual date of November 27th as the due date—meaning teacher had it all wrong and had to go by the paper she handed everyone. Hurrah.
Sidenote, I think I’m going to shoot my final assignment on film.
I’m also in dire need of a model(s) to collaborate with over a series of shoots for the next 3 weeks, so if anyone knows anybody in the GTA/Guelph-Tricity area, do tell.